What is this Residency?
This is a residency open to students enrolled in High School, Fanshawe College and Western University. We are looking for groups of two to three artists to make work during the residency which will be on display in our gallery for two weeks! You would be our first exhibition of 2018 and you can add this to your fun fun CV! This will include a sweet opening/closing reception to show your work TO THE WORLD. Submissions can be sent through email: firstname.lastname@example.org, feel free to ask us ANY questions.
– The residency will be the whole month of December
– We are super affordable ($75 or less depending on the size of your group)
– Please fill out our application form
– Write a proposal that is up to 500 words to tell us what you will be making and how you would like it installed in the gallery
– We need 5-10 images, which includes previous work and sketches for proposed work. Please combine them into one pdf, in the order listed on your image list.
– Have your group pick a ship name and use it to title your files: (BRANGELINA_Images, BRANGELINA_Proposal, BRANGELINA_Application)
– SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE NOVEMBER 10TH AT MIDNIGHT
GOOD LUCK PEOPLE! HAVE FUN!
Dates: Sept 27th, Oct 10th, Nov 1st, Nov 14th
What is this?
Bi-weekly instructor-less drop-in expressive art sessions. These drop-in sessions are aiming to create a space where visual artists can come and dedicate time to being creative at their own pace.
How it works
Every month a new quote will be posted on the Good Sport website. You can read it in advance to doodle/plan ahead or you can be spontaneous and just show up and dive in the night of.
There will be two sessions dedicated to one quote, and the quote will be displayed in the studio space during each session.
Bring your medium of choice and create your own beautifully unique artistic interpretation of the quote/theme alongside other artists. Work together or alone.
All skill levels and mediums are welcome and no need to share your work with others unless you want to. This is an informal artists’ gathering.
Doors open at 7 stay as long as you’d like til around 9:30/10:00 pm.
Pay what you can (suggested donation of $5)
Free parking behind the art gallery
Example mediums: ink/pen/charcoal and paper, poetry, watercolour, cross stitching/fabric work, clay, photography, needle work, paint, graphic design – basically anything you can think of and that the space will accommodate. We have paper collage materials if you don’t have materials yourself.