Winter Break Student Residency
What is this Residency?
This residency is for students enrolled in High School, Fanshawe College and Western University. We are looking for a group of two to three artists to make work within the residency to be on display in our gallery space for two weeks! You will be our first exhibition of 2018! This also includes a sweet opening/ closing reception and will look wonderful on your CV! Submissions can be sent through email : email@example.com, feel free to ask us ANY questions.
- This residency is super affordable ($50-$75ea depending on the size of your group) for the full month of December
- Please fill in our application form
- Write a proposal that is up to 500 words and tells us what it is you will be making and how you would like your work installed in the gallery
- We need 5-10 images, that includes previous work and sketches for proposed work. Please combine them into one pdf in the order listed on your image list.
- Have your group pick a ship name and title your files after it: (BRANGELINA_Images, BRANGELINA_Proposal, BRANGELINA_Application)
- If you are looking for bonus marks, follow us on Facebook & Instagram
- SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE NOVEMBER 10TH AT MIDNIGHT
😊😊 GOOD LUCK PEOPLE! HAVE FUN WITH THIS ONE 😊😊
Monthly instructor-less drop-in expressive art sessions.
How it works: Each month a new quote will be posted here on the Good Sport website. You can read it in advance to doodle/plan ahead or you can be spontaneous and just show up and dive in the night of. The quote will be displayed in the studio space during the session. Bring your medium of choice and create your own beautifully unique artistic interpretation of the quote/theme alongside other artists. All skill levels and mediums are welcome and no need to share your work with others unless you want to. This is an informal artists’ gathering. These drop-in sessions are aiming to create a space where visual artists can come and be creative while practicing their skills together. This is a brand-spanking new project so, share with your pals and help us get the word out! See you there!
Click HERE for this month’s quote
7:30pm – 10:30pm, stay as long as you’d like
Pay what you can (suggested donation of $5)
Free parking behind the art gallery
Example mediums: ink/pen/charcoal and paper, poetry, watercolour, cross stitching/fabric work, clay, photography, needle work, paint (please no oil), graphic design – basically anything you can think of and that the space will accommodate.
Private Art Classes